New Bands of the Month: October [Kent Special]

Because I missed September's new band blog, I'm doing two bands for October, both from my local uni area of Kent/Canterbury. I've had the pleasure of seeing both these bands live recently, and both are a thrilling experience on both record and live. The bands are Fish Tank and Moose Blood. 

I discovered Fish Tank at Reading Festival 2012, where they played the introducing stage to an enthusiastic crowd, and more recently saw them play the Lady Luck pub/venue in Canterbury to a loyal crowd, playing familiar tracks and exciting new ones. Their debut EP, Henry, features intricate guitar and bass riffs and storming drums, and has captivated a small following along with attention from BBC Introducing. Everyone should check them out as they are one of the best bands around at the moment.


Moose Blood are a band I have only recently discovered, and they produce a loud alt rock sound that is impressing crowds across the country. They have toured with notable bands such as Deaf Havana and Tiger's Jaw and have just released their debut album 'Ill Keep You in Mind, From Time to Time' which features killer tracks such as Swim Down, Boston and Bukowski, named after my personal favourite writer. They are quickly rising to become huge and again check them out.



Comments

Popular Posts